Despacito ft Daddy Yankee
Release date: TBC Label: Universal
LUIS FONSI’S “DESPACITO”
FT. DADDY YANKEE
BREAKS GLOBAL RECORDS
BOTH THE SINGLE AND THE VIDEO BECAME THE UNDISPUTED GLOBAL PHENOMENON IN LESS THAN A WEEK
UNDISPUTED #1 ACROSS ALL SPANISH-SPEAKING COUNTRIES
#1 MOST STREAMED SPANISH SONG AND #13 ON SPOTIFY’S GLOBAL CHART
HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF FANS AND CELEBRITIES JOIN IN ON THE MOVEMENT UPLOADING THEIR OWN VERSIONS OF THE SONG USING #DESPACITO
MIAMI, FL. (Tuesday, January 24, 2017) .- "Luis Fonsi wanted to start the year “Despacito” (Slowly) and ended up going with so much speed that it set a record on VEVO,” this is how Associated Press described the dizzying rise of Luis Fonsi’s first single, who in record time has crossed borders and has become one of the most successful releases for a Latin artist in recent years:
DESPACITO - SINGLE
- #1 Most streamed Spanish song and #13 on Spotify’s Global Chart.
- # 1 on Spotify across all Spanish speaking countries.
- # 1 on iTunes in 16 countries.
- # 1 on Spotify’s "Global Viral 50", becoming the most viral song in the world.
- # 1 on iTunes Latino’s "Top Songs" for ten consecutive days.
- # 2 debut on Billboard’s "Hot Latin Songs.”
- # 8 on iTunes Switzerland’s “Top 10.”
- Debuts # 2 on Billboard’s "Hot Latin Songs Chart.
- Enters Spotify’s Charts in the US, Switzerland, Italy, Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, Belgium, Germany, Taiwan, and Sweden.
DESPACITO - THE VIDEO
- Passes the 73 million views in mark 10 days since its premiere
- # 1 on YouTube’s “Most Viewed Videos,” becoming the most viewed video worldwide.
- # 1 on iTunes Latino’s "Top Music Videos" for ten consecutive days.
- # 1 on iTunes US’ "Top Music Videos” (General Chart) surpassing artists such as Bruno Mars, Ariana Grande, and Keith Urban. A week later, the video continues to be on iTunes Top 10 videos.
Fonsi, who will be traveling to Mexico today to promote “Despacito” said feeling “incredibly grateful for the unbelievable support for the song and happy to share the success with my friend and colleague Daddy Yankee.“Despacito” is a tribute to my homeland Puerto Rico in its rhythm and flavor, and I am so proud to know that we are touching so many around the world with our music and joy.”
“DESPACITO,” written by Fonsi and Daddy Yankee in collaboration with Panamanian singer-songwriter Erika Ender and produced by Andrés Torres and Mauricio Rengifo, is now available on all digital stores.
For more information about Luis Fonsi:
For more information about Daddy Yankee:
Track listing:1. Radio Edit